EIGHT DAY ADVENTURE PACKAGE : R18 900pp
Minimum of four people. If there is only two and 3 people, there will be a R5 500pp surcharge per person.
DAY 1 : GAME DRIVE
- Pick up from George Airport.
- Book into Melkhoutkloof Guesthouse at Glentana (20km from Airport).
- Game drive Botlierskop Private Game Reserve, home to four of the Big 5.
- Dinner at Melkhoutkloof Guest House.
DAY 2 : PADDLING AND ABSEILING IN MOSSELBAY
- Breakfast at Melkhoutkloof Guesthouse.
- Paddle on sea kayaks in the bay and around the Point and back at Mossel Bay – approximately 10km.
- Abseiling at the Point in Mossel Bay with the sea as backdrop.
- Lunch at Mossel Bay Yacht and Boat Club.
- Experience the thrill of shark cage diving in Mossel Bay (optional extra).
- Cycle from Mossel Bay Yacht Club to Glentana (about 40km).
- Afternoon walk (5km) to the famous Glentana Shipwreck, with beautiful scenery along the way.
- Dinner at Melkhoutkloof Guesthouse.
DAY 3 : MOUNTAIN CLIMBING
- Climb towards the George peak in the Outeniqua Mountains (1 337m) or Cradock Peak (1 578m), depending on your level of fitness.
- Picnic lunch at the top of the mountain.
- Check in at Loerie Guesthouse, George.
DAY 4 : CYCLING AND KLOOFING
- Breakfast at Loerie Guest Lodge.
- Cycle from George to the start of the Kaaimans kloofing section (about 30km tar road).
- Do the Kaaimans River Kloofing (about 4 hours), picnic along the way.
- Enjoy pizza at the quaint Pomodoro Restaurant in Wilderness, after kloofing.
- Camping at Ebb and Flow National Park, Wilderness.
DAY 5 : CYCLING AND HIKING IN OUTENIQUA MOUNTAINS
- Breakfast at Ebb and Flow.
- Cycle to Beervlei Hut (25km tar road), start of the famous Outeniqua Hiking Trail.
- Hike from Beervlei Hut to Windmeulnek on the Outeniqua Hiking Trail (15km)
- Picnic lunch on the way.
- Sleep at Windmeulnek with the most amazing views from the hut.
DAY 6 : HIKING
- Breakfast at Windmeulnek Hut.
- Hike from Windmeulnek to Platbos Hut (17km), watch out for the Knysna Elephants!. The trail starts off with a short climb along a ridge before a steep descent of about 500m to cross the Karatara River. This is followed by an equally stiff climb until a contour path is reached. The path passes several picturesque mountain streams with ferns and a rich variety of fynbos with many different examples of fungi. On a clear day you can enjoy lovely views towards the distant coastline. Eventually the trail descends and the last part of the day takes the hiker along a forest road until the Platbos Hut is reached. The Platbos Hut is a purpose built hiker’s hat with basic accommodation for 30 hikers.
- Lunch at Platbos Hut.
- Mountain bike ride or drive, depending on your fitness (30km) from Platbos to Millwood Hut via the old Seven Passes George to Knysna road.
- Stay at Millwood Hut on the Outeniqua Hiking Trail.
- Dinner at the Mother Holy Tearoom next door to the Millwood Hut.
DAY 8 : KAYAKING IN KNYSNA
- Breakfast at the hut before leaving for Knysna.
- Diving at Knysna Heads (optional extra) or kayaking on Knysna Lagoon.
- Boat trip on the Knysna Lagoon to Featherbed and buffet lunch.
- Visit the Noetzie castles with hundreds of stairs to climb. Climb down to the beach and back again.
- Relax at Knysna Guesthouse overlooking the lagoon and the famous Knysna Heads.
DAY 8 : SAILING IN KNYSNA
- Sailing for two hours on the Knysna Lagoon, weather permitted (optional extra) or just paddle on the lagoon.
- Leave for the George airport in the afternoon, to fly back.
10 DAY OPTION : Same as above, but with an extra two days (between Day 3 and Day 4 in Oudsthoorn). R5 500.00pp extra. Minimum of four people, R5 500.00pp surcharge is there is only two or three people.
EXTRA DAY 1 : MOUNTAIN BIKING, CANGO CAVE AND OSTRICH FARM VISIT
- After breakfast at Loerie Guesthouse in George, leave for the Swartberg Pass between Oudsthoorn and Prince Albert. Drive up the pass (or cycle) and cycle 30km down from the top to the Cango Caves (20km downhill and 10km flat).
- Do the adventure options of the Cango Caves.
- Visit an Ostrich Farm and do some Ostrich riding.
- Book in at De Zeekoe 4-star Guestfarm, famous for the Meerkat encounters.
- Dinner at De Zeekoe.
EXTRA DAY 2 : MEERKAT EXPERIENCE, MOUNTAIN BIKING, CHEETAH FARM VISIT
- Early rise to see the Meerkat before sunrise.
- Breakfast at De Zeekoe Guest Farm.
- Cycle on gravel roads between the Klein Karoo farms (30km).
- Visit the Cheetah Farm outside Oudsthoorn.
- Lunch at Cheetah Land.
- Leave the Guesthouse for camping at Herolds Bay.
- Do some surfing or stand up paddle.
15 DAY OPTION : Same as 10 day, but continue from Knysna towards Port Elizabeth. 15 Day option – R35 900.00pp. Minimum four people, R5 500.00pp surcharge is there is only two or three people.
DAY 11 : PADDING AND HIKING ON THE BEACH
- After sailing on the Knysna Lagoon (Day 8 plus two days in Oudtshoorn), leave for Plettenberg Bay. Camping at Keurbooms Lagoon campsite and next day start with Day 11.
- Paddle on the Keurbooms River from the campsite (10km).
- Picnic Lunch.
- Hike from where you will exit the river, back to the camp ground along the beach (4km).
- Dinner at Keurbooms Lagoon.
DAY 12 : MOUNTAIN BIKING AND TREE TOP CANOPY TOUR
- Drive by car to Tsitsikama Village (70km).
- Cycle in the National Park on jeep and single tracks amongst the beautiful Yellowwood indigenous forests (30km).
- Lunch at Village Inn.
- Do the Tree Top Canopy tour in Tsitsikama Village (ropes and traversing in the big Yellowwood trees).
- Dinner at Tsitsikamma Village Inn.
- Stay over at Tsitsikamma Village Inn.
DAY 13 : BLACK WATER TUBING AND BUNGEE JUMPING
- Breakfast at Tsitsikamma Village Inn.
- Bridge jumping of 500m (optional extra).
- Black water tubing for whole day.
- Dinner at Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve
Where the booming breakers of the Indian Ocean relentlessly pound rocky shores, where temperate high forest and funbos roll down to the sea in an unspoilt verdant carpet, where ancient rivers carved their paths to the ocean down rocky ravines. This, “the place of much water”, is the Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park. The heartland of the park stretches some 5km to sea, protecting a wonderland of inter-tidal life, reef and deepsea fish. Dolphins frolic in the breakers, surfing and palying for the sheer joy of life and the gentle giant of the ocean, the southern right whale visits here, coming inshore to breed.
- Camping over at Tsitsikama Nature Reserve.
DAY 15 : END OF TOUR
- Leave for George Airport after breakfast (about 200km of driving).
8 DAY PACKAGE – R18 900pp
Minimum of four people. IF there is only two people there will be a R5 500pp surcharge.
10 DAY PACKAGE – R24 400pp
Minimum of four people, R5 500pp surcharge if there is only two or three people.
15 DAY PACKAGE – R35 900pp
Minimum four people, R5 500pp surcharge is there is only two or three people.
(Minimum age 12 years)
All the above works out to less than 200 dollar per person with all included.
Optional extras such as Bungee jumping, Diving at Knysna Heads, sailing and Shark cage diving.