Pondo Drifter 5-Day Hike
Please send us a few possible dates, so we can check availability.
Extra days can be organised upon request.
Pondo Drifter Adventure Hike Holiday Programme will take you on an exploration of the Wild Coast in the Transkei, South Africa.
Highlights of the Trip
- See Msikaba, one of the deepest Estuaries in South Africa;
- See two of the seven waterfalls in the world that falls directly into the sea;
- See the spectacular Cathedral Rock on route;
- Experience the birth place of the icon Madiba (Nelson Mandela) and walk on cattle tracks above the cliffs;
- Experience the culture of the Xhosa while walking through the friendly villages along the way;
- See vulture colonies of more than 100 Cape Back Vultures;
- Beaches with cattle;
- Waves that crash against the cliffs; and
- Friendly people.
This is an experience not to be missed …..
The Pondo Drifter Adventure Hike package starts on arrival at Msikaba.
DAY 1 : Msikaba to Luputhana – 16km
Day 2 : Luputhana to Mbotyi – 17.5km
Day 3 : Mbotyi to Manteku – 10km
Day 4 : Manteku to Mntafufu – 11km
Day 5 : Mntafufu to Cremorne Estate (Port St Johns) – 13km
COST OF TOUR
- R6 495.00 per person sharing
- R10 495.00 per person single
- R1 000.00 for transfers from East London Airport and back (500km)
*Prices are subject to change*
- Accommodation – five nights dinner, bed and breakfast, plus lunches, at a Drifters Camp;
- Linnen and luggage transfers;
- Transfer from Port St Johns to Msikaba;
- Transfer of gear each day to next camp;
- Trisport local guide; and
- All Park and Nature Reserve fees.
- Drinks and bottled water;
- Tips to guides, waitresses and helpers;
- Any extras ordered, except set menu; and
- Any memorabilia.
Dont forget to pack your binoculars, camera and flashlights!